Cyber and Internet Safety
Dear Parent / Guardian,
We have organised Cyber and Internet Safety training for all parents in the school community. Technology plays a huge part in students’ lives and it is essential that we are all empowered with accurate information to support their online safety and wellbeing. The following topics will be covered:
· Legislation and the legal ramifications of using Social Media inappropriately.
· Apps to avoid and how Apps can be designed for malicious purposes.
· Technology solutions, tips and advice that can be used to manage online activities.
· Privacy in Social Media
· Publishing, posting, sending and uploading content
· The longevity of content. How things that are published today, can come back to haunt us in the future.
· Gaming and Internet addiction and the cynical approach that companies have towards addiction.
· What is AI and what are the positives and negatives of it for us and our children
· How Terms and Conditions make us all into fools.
This will take place on 6th December at 7.30pm online. Once we receive links for the event I will share them with you.
All First Year students will receive similar cyber safe training on 7th December.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!