A board of management for an ETB school has a clear remit to manage that school on behalf of the ETB in accordance with legislation. The primary role of a board of management is one of governance. Governance is about providing direction and oversight for a school while ensuring that the rights of all members of the school community are upheld and that the school is accountable for its work.
The functions of a board may, in the main, be categorised under three different headings:
- Policy setting and strategic planning
- Monitoring the implementation of policy, strategy and plans
- Supporting the principal and his/her staff
Board of Management 2019 – 2024
- Cllr. Joe Queenan (Chairperson)
- Mr. Jack Lynch (MSLETB Rep)
- Cllr Rosaleen O’Grady (MSLETB Rep)
- Mrs. Angela O’Brien (Parents nominee)
- Mr. Shane Goldsberry (Parents nominee)
- Ms. Aideen O’Shaughnessy (Teachers nominee)
- Mr. Jason Killgannon (Teachers nominee)
- Mr Arthur Gibbons (Co-opted Member)
The Principal Mr. Thomas Coggins is Secretary to the Board of Management.
Agreed Principal Reports
Please click on the agreed report below to view
Board of Management Resources
Governance of ETB schools, including Boards of Management, are supported through the Directors of Schools, to ensure the effective implementation of policies and legislation as appropriate.
The ETBI has produced a number of resources for Board of Managements in all ETB schools.